Slip Heaven Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who else likes noisy rustly sheath-line or suit slips?

3 posters

Go down

Who else likes noisy rustly sheath-line or suit slips? Empty Who else likes noisy rustly sheath-line or suit slips?

Post by Emma Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:32 am

I doubt if I am the only person on here who has a fondness for those 1950's dual tone gorgeously noisy, rustly 'suit slips' or 'sheath-line' slips - half and half with a slinky noisy skirt, usually made from heavy nylon, rayon or taffeta.  The bodice is nearly always lace.  Most of them had a zipper either at the back or the side.  They were designed to slide under a tight sheath dress or pencil skirt. Do you have one?  Have you worn one?  Here are a couple of mine:

Who else likes noisy rustly sheath-line or suit slips? Vintag12

Who else likes noisy rustly sheath-line or suit slips? Vintag13

There is a full article on these delightfully feminine slips here...

Emms x
Emma
Emma

https://nylonnostalgia.com/

underscored, whiston, Slipaddict, Betty and phil like this post

Back to top Go down

Who else likes noisy rustly sheath-line or suit slips? Empty Re: Who else likes noisy rustly sheath-line or suit slips?

Post by Betty Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:57 pm

I haven't seen those in years! My Mother used to wear them a lot and I wore one a few times when I was younger. I used to work in an office and I wore pencil skirts, but slips used to make me too hot so I stopped wearing them, and stockings as well.The office I worked in was upstairs with the shop floor below, and the heat of men welding and using machines made it warm and sleepy all day.
Betty
Betty

Emma, Slipaddict and phil like this post

Back to top Go down

Who else likes noisy rustly sheath-line or suit slips? Empty Re: Who else likes noisy rustly sheath-line or suit slips?

Post by phil Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:43 am

I don,t ever remember seeing these when i was younger but i do remember hearing them, there was a friend of my grandmas who always made the rustling noise when she moved about, i was very young but it gave me a funny feeling inside when she visited and i heard it, i was attracted to her even though she was really ugly to be honest, and i didn,t fancy her looks wise in the slightest. she was also a big woman not really fat ,Tall and big built with big breasts and big bum,she always wore skirts and blouses she was lots taller and bigger than my gran who was a very petite woman and at the time i was smaller than my gran so she was quite intimidating to me, she was nice to me but didn,t pay me much attention . One day my grandma asked me to take something round to her house, some magazines or a catalogue can,t quite remember, i knew what street she lived on but never knew the number till then, now i knew the exact house , i went round hoping she would invite me in and i could hear and maybe discover what it was making this wonderfully attracting sound but she didn,t just thanked me and off i went. but for hours after i was trying to devise plans and excuses to go round and visit her, but finally realised that none would work without seeming like some kind of weirdo and there would be no way she would not tell my gran, i gave up on the idea. I don,t really know if it was one as you have pictured but it was a rustly one for sure. though i never did get to see it.

phil

Emma and Betty like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:20 pm

I'm wondering if your Grandmothers friend wore a crinoline slip Phil?
Betty
Betty

Back to top Go down

Post by phil Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:45 pm

I have no idea Betty, as i say i was very young about 9 or 10 and i was also a very shy boy

phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum