Slip Heaven Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Slips.

3 posters

Go down

Vintage Slips. Empty Vintage Slips.

Post by Jancurry Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:51 am

I have noticed lately that there are less vintage slips for sale than previous. All the top name brands seem to be fetching over twice the price of a year ago. Has any other collector noticed this?

Jancurry

Back to top Go down

Vintage Slips. Empty Re: Vintage Slips.

Post by fionaford Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Yes, as a day to day wearer that gets a confidence boost with vintage slips and half slips I am frustrated! - Too many collectors! Mad Mad Best to buy at charity shops - at least there you dont have to compete with many male wearers - if there such a thing!

Last edited by fionaford on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more comments)

fionaford

Back to top Go down

Post by sliplover46 Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:13 pm

The prices for vintage slips have, as noted, skyrocketed! I still see some good deals on ebay, but etsy has prices that are multiples of what those slips cost new.

As for thrift shops, here in Texas, I haven't seen any good selections in two years or more. Found some real treasures in Goodwill (like a like-new navy Van Raalte with chiffon lace for $1), but not for years now.

Thank you, ladies for continuing to wear those lovely treasures from the 50s and 60s, what I call the golden age of slips.
sliplover46
sliplover46

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down