Slip Heaven Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jumping For Joy 1956

Go down

Jumping For Joy	1956 Empty Jumping For Joy 1956

Post by Rhino2_UK Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:37 am

An old British comedy in b/w.
I put this on some time after it had started. When it's on again I'll have to check out the whole film.

I joined the film at a scene in a snooker hall full of unsavoury characters. A ne'er-do-well was summoned to the back room, his route taking him past the bar. A woman was sat with her back to the bar with her skirt pulled back showing lots of beautiful white slip. Barely in shot to the left was a man at the bar looking in the direction of the slip show. As the ne'er-do-well passed he tugged the hem of the skirt back into place. Owing to a side split in the skirt this didn't make the slip disappear entirely. The woman pulled her skirt back again deliberately wanting to show off her gorgeous slip. The inference was that this was for the benefit of the fella at the bar whom she was hoping to seduce in some way.
I think the prevailing attitude of the time may have been that a wanton woman might flash her slip to attract the attention of men but a 'good girl' wouldn't. This contrasts with the present era when a slip is worn to be showing below the hem of a skirt or dress to make it longer and therefore more modest giving rise to the term 'slip-extender'. 'Slip=extenders' seem to be aimed at 'good girls'.

https://www.lacistreet.com/collections/dress-extenders-for-women/products/white-lace-dress-extender?variant=19521862660&utm_source=Pinterest&utm_medium=Social

https://www.shoplev.com/products/melody-double-lace-satin-skirt-extender-half-slip?variant=20793551491&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Pinterest

Good girl or loose woman I'm just happy to see their slips.

Rhino2_UK

Back to top Go down