Slip Heaven Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh no - not more slips...

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Oh no - not more slips... - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh no - not more slips...

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:19 am

Betty wrote:
Sillyforslips wrote:Sounds like you have worn and also have, quite a few slips.

I have enough to carry me through a two week holiday, and a reserve for when it's laundry day and the weather might be bad. I have a number of special slips for formal occasions, special in that they match the colour of a sheer evening dress, and I have a few longer slips (below the knee) for formal, (to the floor), evening gowns as my brother likes to invite the family over to nice reunion parties in leafy Southampton (LOL) They are vintage slips made of satin and are a work of art, I don't just put them in the washing machine!

I have four or five half slips for when I wear chiffon blouses; but as I'm so thin, half slips do their job too well and slide down my bum especially if the skirt has a Nylon lining, so I have to tighten the waist elastic which is a pain as it digs into my waist line after an hour or two.  

Betty Boo
xxx

I can help hand washing slips!

Back to top Go down

Oh no - not more slips... - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh no - not more slips...

Post by Emma Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:02 am

Sillyforslips wrote:Gotta keep hold of them beautiful vintage slips now day's.
They just don't make them like they used to.

Just like Betty, I tend to wear them more for practical reasons than anything else - although their effect on men, plus their delightful beauty isn't lost on me either. I was born in 1978 so I kind of missed out on the slip era, but I distinctly remember my Mum dragging me around Woolies and Marks' when I was a little girl for my first slips. I had to wear them then because it was the rule that girls had to wear slips at my school. When I got to my teenage years I didn't wear slips at all because all my friends had ditched them and they were regarded as a bit nunty to be honest. Then, later, I went to university to study fashion and dress history and I focused in on mid-century nylon lingerie. To cut a long story short I started to amass quite a collection of vintage undies and, inevitably, I started wearing them. I had re-discovered slips. My housemates took notice and they started buying and wearing them too. Now, slips are my living - literally!

Emms x

Emma
Emma

https://nylonnostalgia.com/

underscored and Sillyforslips like this post

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2