Slip Heaven Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there any slip admirers and wearers like me here

+13
Slipaddict
Halfslip83
satin undies
sliplover46
pcsks01
61john
cd_terri
loveslaceslips
fionaford
Jancurry
GregInOz
dan422
silky73
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are there any slip admirers and wearers like me here - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there any slip admirers and wearers like me here

Post by Betty Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:53 am

I wear slips for purely practical reasons they keep me warm and stop clinging, I don't wear trousers.
Betty
Betty

Slipaddict and Halfslip83 like this post

Back to top Go down

Are there any slip admirers and wearers like me here - Page 2 Empty Re: Are there any slip admirers and wearers like me here

Post by Halfslip83 Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:14 am

The fact you wear slips makes you classy beyond belief.
Halfslip83
Halfslip83

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/halfslip83

Slipaddict likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:02 am

I don't know if I am literally the only woman on here, although I suspect there won't be many of us if I am not.  Being female puts a bit of a different take on the subject of wearing slips to be honest.  Firstly, my experience of wearing slips is not fetishistic and is more practical than anything else.  Secondly, I don't even feel slips in the same way as a man because I'm not built the same way (think about it!).  Having said all that, I share the love of the glamour and beauty of fine classic slips and wearing them makes a big difference to the way I feel about myself.

Like most little girls, mum dragged me around Woolies and M&S and thereafter slips were an obligatory item under my school uniform.  Later on, as a young teen I followed the trend and abandoned my slips in favour of not wearing one at all.  I was keeping up with my friends who all said that wearing slips was what grannies did.  I admit that I agreed with them and I wore my skirts and dresses slipless.  In fact, I wore jeans whenever I could.  Then, in my very late teens I went to university to study fashion and dress history and eventually bought my first vintage slip in a charity shop.  Intrigued, I wore it a few times under vintage dresses (they were the big student fashion at the time) and I was hooked thereafter.  I started collecting vintage slips and other items of vintage lingerie and my friends did too.  Funny how things turn around, I suppose.  I became a big fan of full slips made from Perlon, which has improved properties over standard nylon, and I still have a large Perlon slip rail in my wardrobe.  

I did a survey of women asking about their attitudes to wearing slips - the results, I bet, are not as you might think.  Read the full article here.

Woolies, 1957.  I was born in 1978 so I missed all that, sadly:
Are there any slip admirers and wearers like me here - Page 2 Woolie10

Marks & Sparks in the 1950's. HOW many slips?!?!
Are there any slip admirers and wearers like me here - Page 2 Untitl10

Last edited by Emma on Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Emma
Emma

https://nylonnostalgia.com/

underscored, whiston, Betty and phil like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:10 am

Emma wrote:I don't know if I am literally the only woman on here, although I suspect there won't be many of us if I am not.  Being female puts a bit of a different take on the subject of wearing slips to be honest.  Firstly, my experience of wearing slips is not fetishistic and is more practical than anything else.  Secondly, I don't even feel slips in the same way as a man because I'm not built the same way (think about it!).  Having said all that, I share the love of the glamour and beauty of fine classic slips and wearing them makes a big difference to the way I feel about myself.

Like most little girls, mum dragged me around Woolies and M&S and thereafter slips were an obligatory item under my school uniform.  Later on, as a young teen I followed the trend and abandoned my slips in favour of not wearing one at all.  I was keeping up with my friends who all said that wearing slips was what grannies did.  I admit that I agreed with them and I wore my skirts and dresses slipless.  In fact, I wore jeans whenever I could.  Then, in my very late teens I went to university to study fashion and dress history and eventually bought my first vintage slip in a charity shop.  Intrigued, I wore it a few times under vintage dresses (they were the big student fashion at the time) and I was hooked thereafter.  I started collecting vintage slips and other items of vintage lingerie and my friends did too.  Funny how things turn around, I suppose.  I became a big fan of full slips made from Perlon, which has improved properties over standard nylon, and I still have a large Perlon slip rail in my wardrobe.  

I did a survey of women asking about their attitudes to wearing slips - the results, I bet, are not as you might think.  Read the full article here.

Woolies, 1957.  I was born in 1978 so I missed all that, sadly:
Are there any slip admirers and wearers like me here - Page 2 Woolie10

Hi Emma!

I am that other female LOL!
I found this website by accident when I was searching the internet shopping for slips and became fascinated that men have a thing for them

It's nice to meet you;
Betty Boo
xx
Betty
Betty

whiston, sliplover46, Emma, Halfslip83 and phil like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:13 am

Betty wrote:
Emma wrote:

Hi Emma!

I  am that other female LOL!
I found this website by accident when I was searching the internet shopping for slips and became fascinated that men have a thing for them

It's nice to meet you;
Betty Boo
xx

Lovely to meet you too, Betty! x

Emms
Emma
Emma

https://nylonnostalgia.com/

whiston, Betty, Halfslip83 and phil like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfslip83 Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:30 pm

Why are you two such a rarity in society? A woman who still embraces a slip as part of her wardrobe (whether practical or allure) is not common these days. Mom and all my friend's mothers from church all wore slips. The late 80s and early 90s - peeks of lacy slips were so common. I always wanted to marry a woman who wore slips....my wife won't wear them, but is supportive of my love for slips.
Halfslip83
Halfslip83

Slipaddict and Betty like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:54 pm

Halfslip83 wrote:Why are you two such a rarity in society? A woman who still embraces a slip as part of her wardrobe (whether practical or allure) is not common these days. Mom and all my friend's mothers from church all wore slips. The late 80s and early 90s - peeks of lacy slips were so common. I always wanted to marry a woman who wore slips....my wife won't wear them, but is supportive of my love for slips.

I don't always wear a slip, in the Summer time I tend to leave them off unless a sundress is very sheer or if I'm going somewhere formal.

I never wear jeans or trousers and I suppose a slip goes hand in glove with a skirt or dress. Sometimes a skirt will gather static electricity and cling to my legs, and a slip helps stop that effect, it also helps a skirt hang smoothly and prevents crumpling.

As to why slips are a rarity? I'm not so sure they are rare, my friends wear them too, but modern ladies fashion has been so masculine lately I suppose it is a knock-on effect. Ladies wear trousers mostly these days for practical reasons, and I can understand that, it's quicker to get dressed in the morning and less fiddly. Personally I like vintage clothing anyway. My Mother was a classy Spanish lady and her dresses where fabulous which sparked my interest in fashion.

My first slip was an old cast-off of my mothers, she gave it to me as my new woolen school kilt was so itchy and I flatly refused to wear tights! I was a bit of a tomboy when I was younger and I had to wear a slip reluctantly.
Betty
Betty

whiston, Slipaddict, Halfslip83 and phil like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfslip83 Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:38 pm

Betty wrote:
Halfslip83 wrote:Why are you two such a rarity in society? A woman who still embraces a slip as part of her wardrobe (whether practical or allure) is not common these days. Mom and all my friend's mothers from church all wore slips. The late 80s and early 90s - peeks of lacy slips were so common. I always wanted to marry a woman who wore slips....my wife won't wear them, but is supportive of my love for slips.

I don't always wear a slip, in the Summer time I tend to leave them off unless a sundress is very sheer or if I'm going somewhere formal.

I never wear jeans or trousers and I suppose a slip goes hand in glove with a skirt or dress. Sometimes a skirt will gather static electricity and cling to my legs, and a slip helps stop that effect, it also helps a skirt hang smoothly and prevents crumpling.

As to why slips are a rarity? I'm not so sure they are rare, my friends wear them too, but modern ladies fashion has been so masculine lately I suppose it is a knock-on effect. Ladies wear trousers mostly these days for practical reasons, and I can understand that, it's quicker to get dressed in the morning and less fiddly. Personally I like vintage clothing anyway. My Mother was a classy Spanish lady and her dresses where fabulous which sparked my interest in fashion.

My first slip was an old cast-off of my mothers, she gave it to me as my new woolen school kilt was so itchy and I flatly refused to wear tights! I was a bit of a tomboy when I was younger and I had to wear a slip reluctantly.

That's wonderful! It makes me happy knowing that there are still classy women with amazingly wonderful taste that still exist. I've loved and been obsessed (and I mean obsessed) with slips since childhood (early 80's). Slips were SO common during this time....peeking lace left and right. I would say during each grade of school (if the teacher was a female) most likely wore slips and I caught a glimpse of it. My 3rd grade and 4th grade teachers being some of the most fond memories of slip sightings. Pencil skirts, dresses, wrap around skirts....and white, shiny, lacy nylon peeking. Some teachers more discrete....others, not so much. My own mother was a teacher - her drawers were full of half slips and nylon...along with the classy outfits of the time.

I agree with you on the "comfort" aspect, though. I'd like to think some women who wore slips and then "turned them in" for more modern and comfortable clothes.

You won't find a single slip in my mom's drawer today. She even stated - "Now that I'm retired - I don't need to wear skirts or dresses...I can be comfortable." Hence why her wardrobe changed drastically of what she "used to wear." Makes me a bit sad that some were "ex" slip wearers....

Even our modern day Targets, Wal Mart, Macy's, or other major brands don't carry them. Today the slip has evolved into the "body shape slip" verrrry different. You won't find a traditional, scalloped laced Vanity Fair nylon half slip in a store - perhaps a thrift store or EBAY.

I may see a slip peek on very rare occasions - but, very rare in today's mid west Ohio 😞

Halfslip83
Halfslip83

Slipaddict and Betty like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfslip83 Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:43 pm

Are there any slip admirers and wearers like me here - Page 2 Screen84

I was lucky and found this nylon wonder from a Salvation Army. Just goes to show how rare these are. You won't find one like this at any major clothes retailer here Stateside.
Halfslip83
Halfslip83

underscored, Emma, Betty and alaina16 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfslip83 Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:52 pm

Are there any slip admirers and wearers like me here - Page 2 Screen85

Other rare nylon items I've found from various thrift stores.
Halfslip83
Halfslip83

underscored, Slips75 and phil like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slips75 Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:54 am

Yea i just saw my wife changing after her shower.
Putting panties on, then fixing her bra then wearing her full slips (white see through) ones.
id like to show but i need some photos

Slips75

Slipaddict likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:22 pm

Guest wrote:Hi all. Do you wear and love seeing others in slips. Miss the chat room, so much and would like to instant message others like me.
Follow me in this room for private message

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:23 pm

silky73 wrote:Hi there,

I am a little of both, I'll be honest. I love long skirts and dresses on ladies mainly. I do also miss the chatroom also. If you would like to PM me, it'll be great to hear from you Smile

Please you can PM me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:26 pm

Betty wrote:

My wife is Latin and the more I notice and watch for slips on Latin women the more slips I see.  I remember my mother in law wearing slips and buying them for herself and my wife!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:29 am

Guest wrote:Hi all. Do you wear and love seeing others in slips. Miss the chat room, so much and would like to instant message others like me.

I love lacy slips. I’m a half slip type of guy but I won’t turn down any lacy slip a woman wears

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:34 am

Halfslip83 wrote:Are there any slip admirers and wearers like me here - Page 2 Screen85

Other rare nylon items I've found from various thrift stores.

Halfslip83 I need to follow you! Love this picture would love to jump in the middle of them!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2